Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sinterklaas and more

We celebrate the holidays a little different around our house. We started this about 5 yrs ago. It works out great since Hannah leaves right before Christmas, and both Byron and I don't like shopping close to the 25th. I don't do crowds. So, Sinterklaas and zwarte piet visit our kids the 1st weekend in December. Santa comes too, but just fills stockings and spreads a little extra cheer. We also try and focus on Christ at Christmas.







I hadn't posted anything from when Byron's parents visited for Thanksgiving. We had a nice time with them here. We went to Vicksburg and saw the Civil War memorial and various other museums. We also headed to the petrified forest here in Mississippi. It wasn't very big, but it was nice. The kids got to run around and we even flumed for minerals. For Family home Evening this week we made Gingerbread houses. Rachael was more interested in eating the candy rather than decorating, and Jack was eager to eat his once he finished! Hannah and I spent the most time on ours.
Did you see the picture with the snow? Well, it did snow. On the morning the kids woke up to their gifts! It promptly melted by noon. Just as it should.

1 comment:

Out And About Global said...

Pretty tree! Love the gingerbread house tradition, we've never done it, but it looks like fun.