Happy Birthday Jack!!
With all the events going on in our world lately it was difficult to find a date to have Jacks party. We have soccer games and practice, scout trips and den meetings, violin recitals, primary program practice, etc... What day to have it???? I settled on Friday after school after consulting with a few of the parents who's kids Jack wanted to invite. It was a go!!!
I suggested to Jack to have a "secret agent" themed party. He thought that sounded great, and I thought it would be a good thing to do something different than the normal Star Wars theme that that age group picks!
I started with invitations from the Jensen Spy Agency requesting it's agents to come in for a special mission to locate the stolen birthday loot. The invitations were sent in lrg manilla envelopes. I also made ID badges for each agent and once they arrived they were finger printed. The badges were so cool!
The kids then had to practice their skills with decoding messages, identifying objects by touch, and completing a special agent obstacle course. After they were done with the activities and were eating, the door bell rang. A note was left from "The Trickster" indicating that the goodie bags had been stolen and if the agents wanted to retrieve them they had to follow the clues(zoomed in photos of locations in my yard). If they managed to find them, they received lots of fun stuff! Pen and pad of paper, sun glasses, mustache, magnifying glass, spy camera, play money, and a pack of gum. All things that a secret agent might need!
The kids had a blast! The one thing I had wanted to do, but ran out of time was a "laser beam" course. I had wanted to string red yarn to look like a laser beam security course and then have the boys try and get through it without touching the beams. It sounded like a lot of fun. I guess I could do it another time for a play date activity.
It was fun to plan and extra fun watching the kids play spy! One of the moms texted me later that evening saying that her son was making special badges for all of his family members to have in order to enter his room! How cute!
| found a clue |
| found another one! |
| mission accomplished |
![]() |
| Secret Agent Jensen, incognito |

3 comments:
Very cute! What a great idea!
Very cute idea for little boys! Cute pictures too. Where is that white bench? I love it.
What a great idea! I love it! If I ever get a boy, I will keep this one in my idea file! Love the picture of Rachel at the top!
Oh, and the monument project--I took a styrofoam cone and carved it. Then Bella painted it with acrylic paint. I think the texture look came from my excellent "smooth" carving skills!
Post a Comment