Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rachael's new shoes


So today we went to the mall to get Rachael new shoes. It was that time. We headed to Stride Rite to check out what they had. My mom always told me "good shoes" are important and since she never skimped on my shoes I don't for my kids either. I don't have any foot problems at all as an adult so I figure maybe she was on to something.
We tried these shoes on as well as another pair and Rachael was hooked on these. It's so funny that at 2 she knows what she wants. These shoes fit her to a T. They are so "Rachael". When Byron saw them for the first time he laughed when he found out that she picked them. You can't tell from the picture really but the fabric has glitter in it. Rachael calls anything that sparkles "sprinkles", and she loves "sprinkles"! All day she would say "mom watch this" and then proceed to run as fast as he could, which is actually pretty fast! Jack often complains that he can't keep up with her. I guess we might have a runner in our midst.
I like the shoes because they are pretty dang cute. Why couldn't they have cool shoes like this when I was a kid... Come to think of it when I was in 5th grade I had a pair of bright yellow and orange "roos". You know the ones with the zipper on the side. EVERYONE in my class thought I was the coolest. I even had a friend Mimi who begged me everyday to wear them! Maybe Rachael will encounter such a friend with her new "Sparkle Shoes"

5 comments:

MalGal said...

nice shoes:)

Michelle said...

Those are super girly cute shoes. You need to go to Last Chance for those stride rites. I love taking girls shopping for shoes though :).

Elizabeth said...

If only we had Last Chance here! The perils of living in MI...:) The Rack is too far to drive just to save a few bucks.

taylia said...

Funny enough Emma picked out shoes that look JUST like that when she was 4 at Striderite! Must be the age...precious age!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You know, my mom must of skimped on shoes for us because my feet are so messed up. I need to let her know and send her my doctors bills!