Friday, April 10, 2009

Skate Park even with a bit of snow...











Even with a little snow left on the ground we just had to get outside! The day was beautiful! Jack has started t-ball this year and skateboarding. We took a trip to our local skate shop the other day and picked him up some pads so he could be safe. He is a home body normally. Content to stay indoors and play with toys. He has a great imagination! I am so happy though that he has discovered the out doors! If it's nice out I would prefer to be outside and after being cooped up all winter it feels great!
Hannah loves her "heely's" and discovered that they are even more fun on a ramp! She has a skateboard that Byron got her when she was 3. I think after seeing Jack on his she now wants to put more effort into learning.
As for Rachael, she was content to hang with me and slide down the ramps on her booty! I personally hate going to the skate park. It's boring. I am trying with all my might to get Byron to try something else, but to no avail. Well that is until I picked up a bat and a t-ball set. Now he loves to go out and hit the balls with the kids! It's a start!
Next stop...surfing!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I never heard of skateboarding lessons! I am very impressed.

Michelle said...

I remember the liberating feeling of getting outdoors! That's fun for Jack and Hannah. I'm such a paranoid mom. All I would do is envision broken wrists... or heads! Byron has a unique sport. He's a cool dad!

Papa Bear said...

It was strange - when I first glanced at the top photo (by zooming in) Hannah looked like a fully matured woman. I thought "why is Elizabeth posting a picture of a friend and not telling us who it is?" I knew she was growing up fast - but not that fast. You truly do have a beautiful family. You are so blessed.

taylia said...

I had to chuckle after reading about the Jack and the skateboard. I am sure to Byrons delight and every dream Jack likes it!! I can remember some funny stories you told me about Byron and skateboarding when younger...aaahh that brought some good ol MI memories for me...thanks!

Brent &hiromi said...

You all look like you are having a great time at the skate park! Elizabeth, you should snag a board and ride, baby ride!