Our New House

It's official, we are moving! The wait on all of this has been really trying honestly, so I am glad it's over. Byron is leaving the automotive industry and moving on to aerospace. We are moving to Madison, Mississippi. At first I was like MISSISSIPPI! What in the world do I know about that State?... Nothing, except for the river. Well, I started researching it and it seemed like it would be OK.
Byron and I went down there last weekend to check it out and begin the process of looking for a home. We didn't anticipate the trip to be too productive so we were totally surprised when we found a house that we both liked and our bid was accepted the day after we put it in! The schools are really great and the town is very cute. It's about 20 minutes from Jackson, so Byron's commute will be so much shorter than the hour he travels each way now! They have some really nice shops, which I was totally surprised by plus it's about 3 hours from New Orleans, Memphis, and Birmingham, and 2 hours from the coast.
I think we will be leaving Michigan in the next 2 weeks. The kids just wrapped up school last Friday. It was a good school year. Both Jack and Hannah had terrific teachers and the school atmosphere was great. I know the kids will miss their friends. We haven't even been here a year so moving again seems a bit overwhelming, but I know once we get settled in we will do well.
Our realtor has been a gem! She has helped us out so much and happens to also be in our ward. That was a nice coincidence. I think because of that she felt she could be more open about her feelings. I appreciated that, since realtors aren't supposed to offer too many opinions on neighborhoods, schools, etc.
Once we get settled we will send out new address cards. In the future, if any of you happen to pass through stop in a stay awhile!
Can you believe Mississippi?
4 comments:
Yay you're back! (to blogging that is) I love the new house. Maybe we can stop and visit when we drive to Georgia. I wish I could help you.
Mississippi! We just moved from there 4 years ago, and we have actually lived in Biloxi three times. I hope you love it! Congratulations on the beautiful house!
Martie
It is nice to hear about your move. I'm sure you'll enjoy the southern hospitality. What a beautiful house!
So exciting! I have a soft spot for the south since my mission. (believe me, there are some things that will make you have to pinch yourself and say, "I am still in teh United States of American...wow..." example: entire family living in a tobacco barn, complete with satellite TV. Send us your new address (love the new casa!) :)
Post a Comment