Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the Oscar goes to...


Hannah's school is a science and technology based school. They learn some amazing things in their computer classes and do some pretty cool experiments in science. She has made digital stop action movies, edited photos using all kinds of neat programs, and so on.
Every year at her school they have an "Oscar night". The students' work is placed into catergories and then judged by the teachers. The students don't know if their work will be picked until Oscar night.
I hadn't seen anything Hannah has done, but we went hoping. There is also a catergory for the "top 20 best dressed". Once we got to the High School all the students got to ride in a limo to the red carpet. They were then interviewed as they arrived. Hannah chose to sit with one of her friends and picked the very top of the auditorium while Byron the kids and I sat closer to the stage.
They started with the winners from 3rd grade and moved up from there. What a wait... All of a sudden Hannah's name appears on the screen with a photo she had edited! I was so excited I really didn't get to see the picture. I was too busy poking Byron, turning around to see if she was going to make it to the stage, etc. 
Anyhoo...I am totally rambling, but Hannah won an Oscar!!! I am so proud, words can not express! Although she didn't get one also for best dressed(that was for those who chose to come in costume) She looked pretty darn beautiful if I might say so. Winning and Oscar for something you accomplished is better anyway, right?

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats Hannah! BTW will you guys be in Tucson any time soon. Thought it would be fun for Haley and Hannah to reconnect!

MalGal said...

Good job Hannah!! You are lucky you got to ride in a limo! Sounds like fun!(I hope I don't sound too much like a "parent"

-Mallory

Stuart and Kimber said...

Woo woo! Sounds like a great night!