Summer ends and school begins again. There are a few moments every summer where I think,"I can't wait for school to start!...", but for the most part I love hangin' with my kiddos. We had a good summer this year. First of all, I realized it was the first one where we weren't moving to a new location in 2 yrs. That was nice. The kids swam lots, played with endless amounts of Legos, attended various summer camps, etc. We went to New Orleans, Jack learned how to ride his bike without training wheels, and each kid grew at least an inch.
Hannah started Middle School, Jack is in 1st grade, and Rachael is in her last year of Pre-School. All three are now at different schools, so I spend a great deal of time in the car, which I am not too thrilled about. Don't know anyone to carpool with, so I will hopefully endure, as I can't bring myself to put them on the bus.
I was asked to be on the PTO board at Jack's school, and then asked to be his room mom. I usually shy away from such intense involvement, but I guess life has other plans for me! I just hope I can keep up and do a good job at all my assignments. I am also in the Primary presidency at church. I am so not accustomed to all this at once. Can you tell I am worried?
Byron has traveled a lot this summer. In fact, we hardly saw him at all except on the week ends. I am not sure if it will slow down or keep going. I am thankful however that he has a job, so I don't complain.
Well...here's to a new year full of surprises!
Hannah would have showed of her backpack, but didn't need it on the first day. Go figure!
1 comment:
Cute pictures! It does sound like you had a great summer. We need to come out there and visit you sometime. You are going to be busy!
Post a Comment