Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Christmas at the Jensen's this year was a good one. Well, it's always good really, but it was pretty exciting this year. The kids wrote out their lists for Santa about a month ago. Jack wanted an electric guitar, Lego's, and a few other things. Rachael wanted Drums, a doll, and a battle axe. I know, that girl aint right! Hannah wanted a digital camera and a laptop. She got the camera, the laptop can wait another few years!

Christmas Eve we had some friends over, but I failed to bring out the camera! We had a great time. Food was good, kids played and played. One thing was missing for sure though. Hannah. She is gone every year and we sure do miss that girl.

We awoke Christmas morning to sneaky whispers and tip toes in our room. I had actually gotten up about 10 minutes before and lit the tree! Good timing I must say. The kids were thrilled! Santa had indeed left Rachael some awesome drums(thank goodness he added some ear protection). Jack also got his electric guitar. I won't list everything else, but I will mention that no battle axe rested beneath our tree. I think that's a good thing since we have plenty of weapons in our home, thank you very much! I got a beautiful necklace made by my favorite silversmith and a new insulated thermos. Just what I wanted. Byron got a bigger tent so we can all go camping comfortably, some really cool hiking shoes, and a stand for his guitar.

We are so thankful for the many blessings we have in our lives. Friends, family, good health, and of course the Gospel. Happy holidays!

Our tree 

Jack, the next Jimi Hendrix.

I got a red blanket for all of Jack's scout patches he doesn't put on his uniform. 

Stockings...

Rachael engrossed in the Nutcracker.

My little drummer. I believe she has promise. But do my ears have patience?

No comments: