We are celebrating the RS Birthday in our ward tomorrow. I decided I would make the cakes. I made two. An orange cake with lemon curd filling and orange blossom neoclassic buttercream. The other, a triple layer devils food cake with milk chocolate chip buttercream. I am putting fresh tiny pink roses on the chocolate cake and won't do that until tomorrow so I didn't take a photo of it yet.
A girl in my ward is interested in baking so I had her come home with Hannah today and she pretty much frosted and filled the cake and she and Hannah made the flowers from fondant. Not bad. I am not a fan of "finishing" a cake with just buttercream but it was easier for the girls to help with. Can't wait to eat them!
1 comment:
That's beautiful! You are so talented and apparently passing that gene right on to Hannah! Can't wait to see the picture of the next one!
Post a Comment