Wednesday, July 22, 2009

learning to swim...teaching to swim

The kids are taking swim lessons at a swim school. We are doing a 2 week class that meets 4 times a week. Today was our 3rd class. They are having a ball and doing well. The class size is limited to 4 students which is great for learning. I tried to take photos today but the glass gave off way too much glare. I will take more tomorrow and avoid the glass!

Years ago I taught swim lessons and loved it. I learned with Hannah that I can't teach my own kids to swim. They have no interest is listening to Mom, they just want to goof off. Which is fine. Living in Tucson is a great place for swimming lessons in the summer as they are free! Too bad we aren't there. However, soon they might be, for me that is. I was talking to the woman that owns the swim school and during our conversation I mentioned that I used to teach but not my kids... Well, she asked me if I wanted to teach there as they are looking for a few new teachers for the Fall. I would be teaching an evening "Mom and baby" class once a week. How cool is that? If I work there, all three of my kids can take lessons for free! Even if I didn't get paid that's a bargin! I decided I would and will use my tiny paycheck to send Rachael to preschool! Yippie!

I should find out in the next few days how everything will work out. I hope it all does as it would be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You will have so much fun escaping each Monday night to play in the pool with babies! And all three kids are free? That's a great deal! When I lived in MI I worked one night a month at Gymoboree clothing in the mall. In exchange I got $14 and FREE Gymobree music/play/art classes for Isabella! Not bad! Have fun!

Papa Bear said...

It sounds like you are settling in nicely in Mississippi. What a great place to raise kids. We are so happy for you.