I am on the Enrichment committee this year and we have put together our ideas for our "Super Saturday" (which we will have on Friday). I found this idea online for scripture totes made from a placemat. Maybe many of you have seen them or even made them, but it's a new one for me! They are super easy and turn out really cute! I made three in about 2 hours. I was going to make up one that sported more of a "boy theme". I don't think older boys would go for them, but younger ones would I am sure. I know Jack thinks they are cool, even the girly ones. Although he has made it clear that he would prefer one without feathers!
I got all the placemats for under $2.50 ea. Some of the ribbon I had and I bought more. Now that I know how easy they are to make I think I will pick out a few more mats in colors I might prefer and make a few more. I could have one for each month!




5 comments:
Cute! Natalie made one in her sewing class, I love how easy they are. Loved your link for the inappropriate kid toys!
my email is bacon6@gmail.com
Those bags are so cute!! Can you send me basic instructions? I'd love to have my Activity day girls make those.
Wow! I have never seen these before. Where are the step by step instructions for your readers?? They look so cute!
Elizabeth, I know you are pretty busy being super mom right now, but would you be interested in making one of these and sending it to me for Addie's 8th bday on 11/21? I will totally send you cash and you & Hannah can come up with a fab design for an 8yo girly girl (I trust you)...I am just swamped right now, but I woudl love for her to have one of these...whataya say??? Eme at jamiemelin@msn.com and let me know! THANKS!
Post a Comment