Sunday night I was briefly surfing Facebook. I don't usually spend very much time looking at it. I look at status updates and maybe comment on one or two, then I am gone. I don't usually notice messages, but luckily I did notice that night! My oh so good friend Elise who's family moved over sea's a few months before we headed south ourselves sent me a note saying she was in the States and not too far away and wanted to drive up and see me. Needless to say I was so excited!!!!!
I love my Elise! She called Monday morning and asked if it was OK to head my way and spend the night before she had to drive back to where she started and fly back, far far away. Of course I said YES!!! Thankfully I really didn't have anything major on my schedule so I could just hang out. And hang out we did. She didn't roll in until 12:30 am on Monday night, but that was alright with me. You wanna know something funny? I was wearing the very same PJ's she herself brought. Great minds think alike.
All day Tuesday we chatted, and chatted some more. Then we headed to Target, 'cause she doesn't have one where she lives, the came back home where she took a little nap before dinner. I was glad she got to rest. She was planning on leaving my house at 9pm to drive back to Pensacola to arrive at the airport a few hours before her very early morning flight. It was the best visit. I am so thankful she took the time to come and see me. Now I need to save my air miles and go see her! Yup, that's what I am gonna do.
1 comment:
Facebook has cause a few fun reunions for me as well with college friends. I love it! Cute picture!
Post a Comment