Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cookies Cookies Cookies




I love cookies plain and simple. I do not like crunchy cookies though. I like them soft and slightly warm from the oven. I can never decide which I love best. Chocolate chip or peanut butter. I guess a happy medium is to blend the two.
The recipe I use for these cookies is the very best I have ever had... I will share if you like:

Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I normally add at least 1/4 c. more flour to my cookie recipes. they come out thicker and don't flatten when they cool. Just use what I have listed if you want though)

3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips

For sprinkling: 1 tablespoon sugar, regular or superfine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Place sprinkling sugar — the remaining tablespoon — on a plate. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisss-cross pattern (I used the back of a small offset spatula to keep it smooth on top), but do not overly flatten cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.

Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those look yummy. Now I need to make those too! THanks for sharing.

cambersue said...

We will definitely have to try those!

Anonymous said...

Those look and sound delicious!!! I might just have to make them! Good thing I am pregnant and eat whatever I want right now because i might eat the whole batch! Thanks for sharing the recipe!