Wednesday, September 21, 2011
So long...Farewell...
Think back a few months to my post when I was called to be RS President. If you can recall, I was shocked beyond...beyond I don't even know! Now fast forward to present day. It hasn't been quite a year that I have had to fill these shoes. I had a rocky first few months(in my own head) then I came into my own. I have had the privilege to have beside me the 3 most wonderful ladies ever. I can't even describe how much I have come to love them. We rocked, that's all I can say. Not everyone may feel this way, but I do and that's all that matters. Kim, Sherie, Mikell... Thank you and I love you!!!!!!
Since knowing we are moving, I have shed some pretty hard tears at knowing my end was near. Of all the callings I have ever had, and a I assure you there have been many, being RS President has been the hardest and most rewarding all at the same time. I have grown so much. I have come to love the sisters in my ward as I had never thought possible. I have felt of The Lords love more than ever before as well. I received this calling at a time when I thought for sure if I had one more thing on my plate I would surely burst. Can I just say, I have never felt more calm, more organized(even if I really am not) or more certain of things than I have during this time.
This is the hardest calling that I have had to be released from(it's coming in a few days I am sure). I don't feel ready. I worry that I haven't done enough! What have I done really? I know, I know, I have done plenty, it's just that I know I could have done more. I can say with absolute certainty that if I ever have the privilege of being asked to serve in this capacity again, I would say YES! The positive that comes from this calling far outweighs the hardship. The love more than cancels out the dread.
I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to serve in the Madison ward. I have never before been so, so, so sad to move. I love it here so very much. This just feels like home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well congrats for a great year and a fantastic move to a new adventure! You will be utilized wherever you are, and there are so many more people to love and serve. Good Luck!
Post a Comment