Sunday, February 14, 2010

Picasso anyone?

  Last night Byron and I went out for Valentines with another couple to an art studio called "Easely Amused". It was really fun. Typically they have classes where everyone paints the same picture to take home. It's amazing how well the paintings turn out. A friend of mine has a daughter who is 3 and she did one. It was stellar!

  Well, last night they had a Picasso themed evening for couples. We sat opposite eachother and painted a portrait. We were incouraged to incorporate things specific to our paintings that represented our "models". It was so funny watching everyone else create their paintings. We had about 2 hours to paint our masterpiece. That clearly wasn't enough time for me. Then again, 2 months might not be enough either!

  I am not sure where I will hang these "works of art". Maybe in the garage? Perhaps in the kids toy room will be best. I think Byron's turned out more "Picasso" like than mine. The kids thought they were cool. I guess the toy room it is!
Byron's masterpiece...

My masterpiece...

3 comments:

taylia said...

Super impressed with the art skills! I thought about what I would do and it would have been stick figures so way to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love them! That sounds like such a fun date! I was talking to a friend about what to even do on a date. I feel like I don't know anymore. Besides dinner and a movie (which I hate), I couldn't think of anything. This sounds right up my alley. I am going to have to look into this! I'd say hang them in the living room!

Mandy said...

What a fun idea! I love your masterpiece. I would definitely show them off. I love the blog by the way. What a great way to keep in touch. Haley send Hannah a very big Hello!