Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day

   Here we are living in Mississippi, thinking how great it will be to not have to shovel, scrape, and plow all that snow. Yesterday we were told we might have a snow day. I thought, WHATEVER! 2-3 inches of snow don't mean a snow day to me. But then again they won't let the kids go out and play at recess if it's below 40.
   Well, at 5:15 this morning I am rudely awakened by the phone. What the Heck! Sure enough, school's been cancelled. I peek out the window to see how much snow there really is. Not much, but as I've mentioned before, it's Mississippi.
   The kids finally wake up, now it's 6:30. Hannah is ready to go out and play. She is the only one of my kids who has gloves. I got rid of all their cold weather stuff when we moved. Needless to say I found some fleece I had packed away and made Jack and Rachael some mittens and Rachael a hat. They turned out pretty good too!
   By 9:30 we are all dressed and outside. I am the only one who still has snow pants and boots. The kids were dressed as warmly as I could manage, but they are kids and can take the cold! We made a snow man(who has yet to be finished), had snowball fights, made snow angels, and 4 wheeled around on the sidewalk. About 11:30 we all came back in for some warmth and lunch.
   Later I believe my neighbor Bubba is hosting a cookout in the snow!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That looks like a perfect day! I miss "snow days". Growing up I remember having a "the a/c is broken day". You know Arizona! I love your pictures though and wish we were still your neighbors down the street.