Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bobcat in the house


Jack loves being in Cub Scouts. I know the Church doesn't start boys at the Tiger Cub level, but Jack has been asking for almost 2 years to do Tiger Cubs. How could I resist this face?


He proudly wears his uniform, and makes sure it's neat when he puts it on. I am proud of him for that, even though all the other boys look so cute with their uniforms disheveled! I splurged and purchased Jack the pants to go with his uniform although he wasn't required to have them. He just looks so dang cute, and they will fit him until he is a Webelo (they are that roomy) and can get the Boy Scout uniform.

This past Monday was the first official pack meeting. There they presented all who earned it, their Bobcat badge. It was a big moment for Jack. He was so excited all weekend. He worked hard and memorized the oath, motto, and law of the pack.



It was a proud moment for me as a mother, who never had a brother and always wanted to be a scout myself! To be his Akela and pin his badge on his shirt. I seriously almost shed a tear. Silly I know! I love my boy. He is so sweet and such a great brother. I love my girls too, don't think I don't. It's just that there is something special about a mom and son. At least for me.



My dilemma now is next year when he's able to join the ward scouting program, do I take him out of his den he is in now? The pack is huge! And so far his den of boys are so wonderful! His best friend from school is  with him. I guess he can do both. Especially since his daddy is Cub Master! Maybe is will be a good thing if he stays in Pack 298. That way the small group from church can join the big pack for some events. And the community can bond through scouting!