Monday, August 31, 2009

Rachael's new ride

We made a trip to our local Goodwill not too long ago in search of a chair for Hannah's desk. We weren't too optimistic, but you never know what you might find. Well, we found this ATV and paid $10 for it. It had the battery in it so we purchased a charger. As figured, it no longer worked. So we invested a small amount in a new battery, and voila! It works!!! Much to both Jack and Rachael's enjoyment.
Here, Rachael is hitting the hill in our front yard. Nothing like a grassy slope to get you going mid afternoon.
This thing will take some practice for Rachael. When she rides it alone it's quite fast and she isn't an expert on stearing. I have no doubt that she will soon master it.
Here is Rachael enjoying a spin on our neighbor Jim's ATV. Actually it's his son Nick's(in back on the hidden on the left). It took a lot to get her off the thing! This gives her something to look forward to as she gets older. I am convinced that if I were to encourage her in a "redneck" life style, it would suit her just fine. Heaven help us that we live in the South.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That math story makes me mad too!! Seriously, did the teacher have to write F on it?? Or even score it?? Why are those things still around? Why do they have to know the facts fast? I remember them too and the anxiety too. If I were you I'd stay on that teacher. This is the age that kids label themselves. They need self confidence until they develop the skills!

Michelle said...

And I love your goodwill purchase and cute pictures. We are loving Craig's list. Does it run there?

Martie said...

What a cutie she is! I love, love a great bargain like that too! WOOT!